Sunday, January 11, 2015

Reaching my goal and moving forward

SO...I set myself a goal to complete 20,000 the other day...
AND I DID IT!  Yay, Jessica!
That puts me 1/4 of the way through where I think I need to be to produce a publishable YA Fantasy novel.  O far, so good, but I feel as if I am hindering myself with doubt at this point.  I think I may be afraid to finish.  What happens after that?  What if no one wants to publish my book, and I am left with that looming decision on whether to keep at it or just throw it on Amazon as an e-book?  That would be the last thing I want to do.  Honestly, I know that hand held books are becoming obsolete, but all I want to do is walk into one of the few remaining book stores and see Fluttera on the shelf.  I have to stop worrying about that for now, and remember that I have to have a finished product first.  I guess that is why most people who start novels, never finish them.  I do not want to be one of those people.  I guess the thing to do is stop writing this post and get to writing the next 20,000 words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment